What is the difference in the Anritsu S331D cable & antenna analyzer compared to the Anritsu S331E, Anrtisu S332D or Anritsu S332E models?
This article delves deep into the details of the answer to that question and why securing the S331D model might make perfect sense for you.
The Anritsu S331D cable & antenna analyzer comes with built-in DTF. As a spectrum analyzer, it is highly sensitive even in high bands. A further feature offer is that it is designed to work on the principles of the super-heterodyne receiver, definitively converting high frequencies into measurable quantities.
When it receives a frequency spectrum, this product slowly sweeps it through a wide range of pre-selected frequencies. By so doing, it converts the frequency selected to a quantifiable and measurable DC level – typically in the logarithmic scale – and displays the same on its CRT read out. After that, the CRT displays the signal strength on the y-axis against the frequency on the x-axis.
As an active frequency receptor, this product is useful for a wide variety of applications. These include, but are not limited to:
The Anritsu S331D product can be used to verify that the signal strength and the frequency of your transmitter are accurate.
Before installing any system, you can use the Anritsu S331D spectrum analyzer to check that the frequencies you wish to use are free, and no stronger signals are surrounding them – signals that might interfere with the new setup.
Interference can arise from unfavorable or unexpected situations, which is what this product is designed to detect so that unnecessary trouble does not correspondingly arise.
Other spheres of application for this product include:
- Antenna isolation
- Co-channel interference
- Adjacent channel power
- Occupied bandwidth checking
- Satellite and microwave antenna alignment
- Characterization of components
So, what product features do you stand to gain when you invest in the Anritsu S331D? What more does it offer that you will have a hard time getting from its competitors in the modern marketplace? Here are just a few of the features you will be able to access:
- It covers the entire spectrum from 25 MHz to 4000 MHz
- It is perfect for the installation, provisioning, maintenance, and troubleshooting of wireless base station antenna and cable systems
- It is ideal for taking measurements of Return Loss, VSWR, DTF (Distance to Fault), and Optical DTF
- The sweep speeds work at 2.5 msec per data point
- Its accuracy is greater than 42 dB – corrected directivity
- The Anritsu S331D comes fully outfitted with a color TFT (with adjustable backlight)
- The calibration is in OSL, FlexCal, and InstaCal
- On RF Immunity, this product is designed to perform accurate measurements even in the most co-located of cell sites
- Similarly, it can efficiently and accurately locate commonly used frequency standards and cables
- For Trace Overlay, the Anritsu S331D antenna analyzer will monitor changes in reference traces through time
- It supports Spanish, Japanese, German, French, English, and Chinese
- As a handheld software tool, it can download traces, generate actionable reports, compare associated traces, and even rename files
OVERALL VERDICT: 4.8 OUT OF 5 STARS
Overall, you can never go wrong with the Anritsu S331D. Its accuracy, superior immunity to interference, and multi-lingual user interface all work hand in hand with the other features it offers to deliver a useful product that will serve your interests over the long haul. In these and others, it trumps the Anritsu S331E, the Anritsu S332D, and the Anritsu S332E models.